Here at Start with Y creative marketing HQ, creativity runs through our veins and is at the core of what we do – however it isn’t always the case, sometimes we can get stuck and need to remind ourselves of how to keep going, keep creating.
Start with Y creative marketing was born in Harrogate, North Yorkshire from a passion to create and has a strategic yet creative approach to marketing and offers support to small business and charities, including copywriting, SEO, photography, strategy and campaign planning. Find out more about what we do.
Staying creative doesn’t have to be a challenge or hard work, and it certainly isn’t something that should be forced. Here are our tips on how to stay creative in life:
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, do what feels right – Creativity should never be forced, it just happens and sometimes the first hurdle is your mind, overthinking of being self-critical. Stop and just do. Creativity is often about the process and not the finished product.
- Mediate and learn to relax – my switching off your mind, through yoga or learning to mediate, you will find your mind will be more open to creativity.
- Write down your thoughts and ideas in a notebook – Carry this notebook with you everywhere, you never know when creativity will strike you.
- Have a chat with like-minded people – This sounds simple, but if you chat through your ideas and thoughts aloud with someone, it can often lead to ne creative concepts.
- Experiment – don’t be scared to experiment with new ideas (also remember number 1)
- Mix it up and change your routine – perhaps go for a lunchtime stroll, or try a new coffee place, this will naturally encourage new ideas to form.
- Get out there – explore new places, a change of scenes can do wonders to your creativity.
- Do not give up!
Follow us on Instagram for snippets of inspiration and ideas.